Monday, May 16, 2011

Home

I love how these questions;
"whats next?"
"going anywhere soon?"
"Where's your next trip?"
Are usually asked before "How are you?', I love being known as a Traveler, Missionary, Gypsy, or Nomad (whatever you want to call it) however sometimes it gets a little hard because I feel the need to ALWAYS have something lined up.
I recently posted a blog called "Alaska is on my mind", and I thought that trip was going to be sooner but as time gets closer the more it seems harder to go. I've always been comfortable with words "adventure" "new" and "different" but those are starting to change to "stable" "secure" and "the same".

The past 4-6 years have been filled with excitement and I've really felt alive and enjoying life.
I've lived in so many different places and have enjoyed them all, but home has always been home. Yep, I'm coming to terms with the fact I'm a little laid back, Muskoka cottage country girl at my very core.
I loved living in the heart of downtown Hamilton, learning the native rez life on Mantoulin Island, soaking up the Californian sun in the Los Angeles Vally, living as a real nomad sleeping on the floors of the Berber people, Mansions in the European getaway country, living on a bus touring America, very well tended Italian neighbourhoods in Toronto Ontario but nothing comes close to little Moose Deer Point, Ontario, Canada.

I would say i'm pretty adaptable but I'm leaning the More I leave Moose Deer the More I Miss home, this place has always been my comfort zone. The only thing I miss here is the amazing people I have met throughout my travels.

So what's next? I have no idea but no matter where it leads I know i'll always have a home.

No comments: