Sunday, March 25, 2012

Love as it was displayed to me.

This school has been one of the best yet toughest times, I've heard someone call it a "9 month quiet time with God" and sometimes it is hard to look at the bible and see it as you and God time, but rather too often it becomes a text book.

We have finally reached the book of Matthew and I was pretty excited to be reading about this man Jesus, but as we started doing homework the more I realized how rich it was, and it was taking to do homework (this, along with anxiously awaiting break and spending time with my family).
A few girls and I decided to pull away from our studies and go for a walk to the pier (Pretty much my favorite place to clear my mind, hearing the waves makes me think of dock nights at home). On our way to the pier we saw some YWAMers singing and praying for people who were out on the streets (tourists and locals) and after walking by we decided that if they were there on the way back we'd ask them to pray for us. And of course once we returned they were still there and the girls went in for prayers, I wasn't really feeling it but did it anyways... Lets just say that God knows exactly what we need to hear and he used those two people to speak truth and life back into our hearts.

I don't remember too much of what was said over me but I do remember that Gabriel said that I have a servents heart but also quiet unconditional love for people.
It really hit me that my friends see this in me, and so does God. One thing I've always prayed over myself was to love people the way God does, and the way that it has been displayed to me through my parents.

My mom is this strong rock solid woman, through her I've learned to invest in and defend the "underdogs". I've seen her fight to see her family restored, she is a woman who wants to see unity within people, her community and especially her loved ones. I admire her perserverence.
There have been so many times that i've felt like a "horrible" daughter, not living up to expectations I put on myself but it's in those moments that she has been the one to pick me up and encourage me to keep going and pressing on. If it wasn't for my mom I wouldn't know how to perserver and fight for my friends in their times of need.

As for my dad, I've seen him in some of this low times but I've always seen him get back up. He also has a pure loving heart, one that is unshakable. I really believe that my father has been the greatest example of how The Father loves His children, and to think that God loves me more than my father does actually blows my mind and is pretty unimaginable for me. I've seen my dad cry for the people he cares about that are going through hard times, and he can't fix the problems. He's a prayer warrior, dispite his sickness he is still capable to pray over those who are also sick and in pain, but not only just face-to-face but in his quiet times with God.

All in all, my parents have given me so much love and dispite my mistakes they love me unconditionally, but they have also displayed what love should look like. I've seen many times how my dad bends over backwards for my mom because he genuinly wants to see her happy, and I've seen my mom do everything she possibly can to watch over my dad, to make sure he is comfortable and healthy as he can be.

It's through their Godly characters that I am able to somewhat grasp how God loves. And even though there is still so much I need to learn I'm thankful that God can see my heart in wanted to be His daughter and learning to love the way my Papa does!

No comments: