Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Hunger, Healings and Faithfulness

My parents don't usually like to tell me what is going on with my dad, especially when I'm gone they don't like me to worry...

Tonight I was able to go to the hungry feeding downtown Kona and I ended up sitting with two guys (Matt and John) who were all about their spiritual journey to finding true "enlightenment". I seem to always find myself in situations where people are usually on these types of quests. Anyways, after the feeding was over myself and two other girls felt we should stay behind and talk more with theses guys and I felt that I should just sit beside them but just be in constant prayer.

After a long talk, listening to them talk about what they believe, one of my friends mentioned to Matt that she can actually hear from God and He can talk to her on a regular bases, so he asked if we could ask God to tell him something.

Long story short we were praying and received a few things for both guys, and one thing really hit home to one of them, we even prayed for Johns foot to be healed (he recently hurt it, it was swollen with a fairly deep laceration and had to go to the hospital to get it looked at) I'm not going to lie, I've prayer for years for my dad to be completely healed of his disease and I've seen it go back and forth all the time, so praying for spiritual healing is something I tend to get discouraged about, but I felt that we really should pray for this guys foot.

After about 3 attempts of trying to pray for healing for this guys foot and seeing nothing really happen, I felt a little discouraged that it wasn't one of those moments where God heals right on the spot but it was encouraging to hear how amazed they were that three people would take time out of their day and speak, pray and just listen to them.

I'm committing myself to pray for both John and Matt on a regular bases, that they will one day know Jesus as their saviour and that I will meet them again one day in heaven.

I love how even though God doesn't answer prayers they way we want or think it should happen that He is still God and is still in control, and will always leave us with a hope that He is still a God of Miricles!
Even thought John's foot wasn't healed tonight, I saw a message on my moms facebook concerning my dad that read:
PRAISE THE LORD!!!! In Dec/2011, the doctor dilated Ernie's esophegus & duodenum (this was his 3rd procedure) but he was still suffering & even a sip of water was causing him great pain. The doctors were considering feeding him intravenously, but they told him that because of the hardening of the stomach, from the scleroderma, the fluids may just sit in his stomach and still cause him pain. "Is ...any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord; And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and Lord shall raise him up" James 5:14,15 Today, Ernie Williams is enjoying his meals and now weighs 167 lbs. THANK YOU JESUS.!!!(To read a little more of what my dad has gone through please check out an older blog entry: http://mel01.blogspot.com/2010/02/just-adding-this-now.html)

I just want to end with, no matter how bleek things look, don't give up praying and trusting in God to work through things, He's the one who seees the big picture. Tonight I was able to step out in faith and pray for a guys foot to be healed, and even though it wasn't healed on the spot, I know God seem my faithfulness in stepping out, and praying. I really feel that God blessed me for that, and showed me that He is still in control with what happens with my dad and I need to keep praying stepping out in faith because if I'm faithful to God, He will be faithful to me.

Matt and John

No comments: