Thursday, July 28, 2011

"Girl! YOU are unique!... Just like everyone else!"

One time in particular I was feeling a little low on life, realized that my ex had moved on, blah blah blah!... So i decided to open up and talk to my roommate (I should tell you Maria is the type of girl who WILL cheer you up, make anyone come out of their "bubble" BUT she is not the best for advice...) and her motivational speech to me was the title of this post! Anyways, I'm just in the mood to share with all ya'll some of my uniqueness!


-i have a teddy bear named todd. todd is the name of the perfect man from my favorite book series growing up (i was told that there was no such thing as a perfect guy... so i created him!) reading that book series is a big reason as to why i'm a christian missionary today!

-I once told my dad that; in my past life i was ONE of dean martins girls.... i don't believe in reincarnation but if i did i was definitely one of his girls! haha

-i stick my tongue out when i'm concentrating too hard (apparently it's a "williams" thing)

-I cry at least once EVERY time I watch So You Think You Can Dance.

-I used to be an extravert but now i am an introvert. i don't mind it but it does take me forever to say what i'm thinking cause i feel the need to process word for word of what i will& be saying out loud.

-the coffee sleeves at starbucks have little ridges and while i'm there talking with friends i HAVE to pull the sleeve apart ridge by ridge until its finished

-when eating grapes (especially frozen ones) I have to hold it between my thumb and middle finger and peel them with my teeth before i eat the whole grape.

-I think i have number dyslexia, i hate loading minutes onto my cell phone! i always mix numbers up.

-I am a visionary but i have trouble communicating my dreams and making them sound the way i want them too!

-my favorite animal is a hippo... and my puppy!

-i pick up accents FAASTTT, there are a few words that i say that sound more oklahoma or michigan, sometimes i sound "old native". but my favorite is living with aussies, norwegians, pacific islanders, germans, koreans, etc and picking up non english words and it sounding normal in an english speaking sentence.

-i used to want to experience homelessness so i would know what it was like and i could somewhat relate to them more. (my parents put a stop to that and encouraged me to buy them food instead)

Disneyland with Maria! 2010

1 comment:

NOVA said...

Ahhhh! GURL! I love you and your uniqueness. And I laugh sooo hard trying to hear Maria in my head saying those words. Hahaha. True, she can make anyone smile or come out of their bubble, but for advice? Perhaps not.